Ref : Senior Associate / Director – Events
Job Type : Full-time/Permanent
Location : London
Salary : £Competitive
ISLA is looking for an experienced Senior Associate / Director – Events (salary and title dependent upon experience and skillset) to join our small organisation on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Head of Events Content & Marcomms, and working with internal and external stakeholders, the successful candidate will support the planning and delivery of a range of proprietary events, as well as third-party and joint events, including flagship conferences and regional briefings across Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
- Support the delivery of ISLA’s Annual European and Post Trade Conferences.
- Organise and deliver a series of ISLA-only and joint events, including regional briefings, webinars and ad-hoc events.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, this may include, but not necessarily be limited to: planning meetings’ coordination, minutes and actions, venue and AV, event-specific branding and relevant assets, speaker management (obtaining profiles and on-going liaison, preparation calls, co-chair notes, etc.), presentations slides and test polls, and on-site logistics (including ‘run of the show’, corporate merchandise, banners, etc.), and post-event analysis (including surveys, delivery and results).
- Management of the sponsorship and delegate registration processes (including menus, negotiations, contracts, and forms).
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders (including the Marcomms team) to co-ordinate and prioritise the publication of specific event-related communications.
- Regular progress updates to relevant stakeholders and event hosts, including ad-hoc requests (delegate profiles, analytics, lists, etc.).
- Adding and maintaining event content on website and mobile event application, including branding and imagery, agenda details, etc.
- Maintaining shared Events’ folders, as well as managing the Events inbox, including timely responses to relevant enquiries regarding ISLA Events.
- Tracking and monitoring external industry events, national holidays etc., to ensure no significant overlap with ISLA Events, and notifying the wider ISLA team of upcoming and future events through regular updates.
- Assisting with Board and Management reports as required, including budget.
- Managing stock levels of corporate merchandise, including event banners.
Key Credentials & Personal Qualities
- Proven track record and experience in supporting the delivery of small and large-scale external virtual, hybrid, and in-person events, preferably within financial services or markets, notably securities lending, financing, or repo and/or for a member-led Association or similar.
- Sales, marketing, and negotiation skills to promote events and attract and sell sponsorship (where relevant).
- Experience of managing a small team or business line would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills – ability to work on multiple deliverables, understand prioritisation and deadlines, and provide regular progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, together with the ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships.
- Good attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Creativity with the ability to contribute new ideas and solutions to processes and elevate existing outputs.
- A strong customer/member focus.
- A commitment to results; a flexible, proactive, and can-do attitude and approach, with an emphasis on accountability.
- Ability to work in a small team/company environment with the willingness to support others when required, adapting working practices effectively to changing needs and priorities.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV to the attention of Sejal Amin (firstname.lastname@example.org), including a cover letter outlining (in your experience and opinion) some of the key considerations for delivering a successful event, irrespective of size or industry.
Due to the volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this position