On Monday 19 October, the European Commission (EC) published its Work Programme for 2021, providing an overview of the key initiatives for the coming twelve months.
Changes to Key Dates & Initiatives
- CSDR review pushed out to Q2 2021 (previously Q4 2021
- e-ID initiative now delayed to Q1 2021 (previously Q4 2020
- “Data Act” pushed forward to Q3 2021 (rather than Q4 2021)
Confirmed Key Reviews
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) framework in Q1 2021
- Solvency II review in Q3 2021
- BRRD/EDIS review in Q4 2021
- MiFID/MiFIR review in Q4 2021
ISLA welcomes the official publication of the Programme, alongside the aforementioned reviews that have implications for the securities lending and financing markets. Our new steering groups, as well as focused groups and subgroups, will continue to follow these with interest, and any further changes or reviews as they are announced.
Full details of the Communication can be found here
Full details of the Annex can be found here
For details of all expected EU developments over the coming 2 to 3 years, as well as a table summarising the key priorities that have changed in light of COVID-19, please visit the ISLA website or click here